Sunday 2 August 2015

:: Dak galbi 닭갈비 ::

I don't really into writing blog but I've seen people keep writing, and so I pick up my laptop and continue my blog. After such long, it's quite to find words to describe the things I want. LOL.

Well, have you all heard of Dak galbi (닭갈비) ? It's a popular dish in Korea made by stir-frying marinated chicken with sliced cabbage, sweet potatoes, rice cake (tteok) in a special sauce made of gochujang (korean chili sauce), gochugaru (chili flakes) and other ingredients. Each restaurant selling Dak galbi will have their own secret recipe. Yup, that means all secret lies in the special sauce. Describing this now makes me salivate, thinking of going to eat it again. :P

Did I mentioned that the most famous Dak galbi is from Chuncheon, South Korea? It's a local specialty in Chuncheon, so that's why sometime they call it Chuncheon Dak galbi. :D Yes, it's so famous, and it's really tasted good.  I had it before when I was in Chuncheon.

Anyway, just recently, there is this chain Uncle Jang Dakgalbi opened a new branch in Penang. They have a few branches in KL, Malacca and JB, and now finally in Penang. It is hotcake, with long queuing almost everyday since it'e opening. There is no reservation allowed, and only for walk-in. I finally made it to eat. Oh, I've eaten it before but it was in KL.

Dakgalbi @ Uncle Jang 
Look! Isn't that look delicious? I love the flavour, the combination of it. The chicken is so juicy and tender, combine with the chewy rice cake and fresh cabbages and scallions, and the sauce of course. Perfect! At Unlce Jang Korean Restaurant in Penang, the minimum order is 2 pax and one pax is at RM 21 (Original Dakgalbi) and if you opt for Super Spicy Dakgalbi, that will be at RM 22/ pax.

Dakgalbi when served
A tips to all if you are going for Dakgalbi, please be prepared to be smelly, because the restaurant workers are going to help you to stir-fry your dakgalbi, just in front of you. Meaning you will feel the heat and smell the aroma immediately. ^^ I remember reading a blogger's blog written that he/she will prefer to sit into a good ventilation restaurant will eating dakgalbi. I would like to say to him/her, sorry, that proves you haven't been to a real dakgalbi restaurant. LOL,
Dakgalbi ~ Ready to Eat

Free flow of Banchan (Side Dishes) 
Korean would love to add in Ramyeon (Ramen) when they order Dakgalbi. Btw, you can order extra to add in. E.g. Ramyeon, Cheese, Rice Cake, Sweet Potato. I would not recommend you to add in ramyeon if just 2 pax dine in, unless you have 4 pax dining together. Why? Because you will not be able to finish it, because there are some better things to add that I highly recommend you do towards the end.... and yes, fried rice!!

Add on Fried Rice @ RM 6
While you are about to finish your Dakgalbi (20 - 30%), you can order for Fried Rice, that comes with rice, vegetables, seaweeds and more sauce! Then they will fry it together with your leftover, and serve it to one complete meal! Yes, the Koreans love that! If you are a big eater, like some Koreans, then you can add in the Ramyeon and the Fried Rice. ^^

Since I'm writing about Dakgalbi, I will share on the Chuncheon Dakgalbi I had in South Korea.



Chuncheon Dakgalbi

Yummy!

For more information on Uncle Jang Korean Restaurant, the details as below:- 
Address: No. C-01-10, Vantage Desiran Tanjung, Jalan Desiran Tanjung, 10470 Tg Tokong, Penang
Business Hours: 12pm - 3pm; 6pm - 10pm (Weekdays)
                           12pm - 10pm (Weekends) (Daily)
Contact No.: 016-256 7210


I will be sharing the recipe for Dakgalbi soon! 
Enjoy Eating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment